James Dietrich came to Bellefontaine in 1899 to establish his tailor business. Mr. Dietrich built two buildings at 114 and 116 N. Main. the first floors have been home of many businesses over the years. In the 1930s it was a jewelry store and from 1939-1954, it was Moore’s Bakery then Winan’s and Randall’s Bakery respectively. The express purpose of the second floor was to serve as a lodge for the Elks.