The building was erected in 1912 to house the new H.M. Annat Dry Goods which for many years was doing business in the Opera Block. The second floor of the store was used by the Deisel Wemmer Company for a branch cigar factory. The company became the R.G. Dunn cigar company and during it’s peak employed 200-300 employees. In 1934 this building became a Montgomery Ward Store and continued to operate until 1986.