Erected in 1912 by Edward Canby of Dayton, Ohio. It’s developers intended the building to be very modern, and high-class structure for businesses. The Canby, as it was referred to, was orginally occupied by Morris & Palmer Dry Goods on the first floor. The second floor was occupied by Buckeye Cement Company. The third floor was home to an operations terminal of The Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis Railroad until 1939. At the time, the Canby was known as the handsomest building between Cincinnati and Cleveland.