The building was erected in 1884 and was converted into a movie theater in 1916 which was named The Strand. Sound equipment was installed in 1929 so that “talkies” could be shown. New equipment and air conditioning was added in 1950 and the name was changed to the Belle Theater. After the Belle closed, the building was occupied for many years as a Sears Roebuck Store. Most recently, the building was home to James Flooring for more than 20 years.